- Place all through hole parts on PCB.
- Wet underside with kester 951, 959T or similar liquid flux (not sure which is best yet)
- Place over PCB preheater set to ~220C for ~125C board temp. – 100C is probably a better temperature for this. – may be better to preheat board then quickly flux then dip.
- Wait 1:25 for most of the flux alcohol to evaporate.
- Grab PCB with pliers
- Clean dross off solder pot.
- Place straight down in solder pot for 4-5 seconds. – usually until sizzling stops
- Pull up in a sidewards and angled motion at a moderate rate so as to avoid solder bridges. Too fast and you may dislodge and tip over component. Too slow and there may be bridges or excess solder deposited.
- Let cool.
Solder pot set to 300C – 280C is probably more appropriate
It may be possible to build a mini solder wave machine out of this pot with the addition of solder pump.
flux mister using ultrasonic fog machine may be possible?